Tuesday, September 13, 2011

One Year Older

Somewhere between an orange and maroon colored fall and a tropical blue summertime, my life has done another revolution. But it didn’t end up at the same place. It is as if the revolution grew in size, bulging with new tastes and sounds. Pushing at the limits, pockets padded with faces and secret spaces that I alone now have. And I see, without a doubt that this is a sacred life.

This new world that I am in, it keeps showing me how downright blessed I am to just take another unlabored breath.

Because around me.

I have seen death and despair.

My friends have been raped and my heart has been broken here.

There have been days when I fought to stay right in this world of vulnerability where my only option is to have the most profound faith that we. All ahh we can absolutely be doing much better. That soon others will open their eyes and see that the only thing we need more of in the world. Is. Love. Unconditional love.

And as the world opens its eyes there will be a great uprising of peace and friendship. We will be raised up; embracing the soul within; those beautiful creatures that our destiny lies within.

So as I sit here about to start a new day. I can only look up to a God that has once again given me the opportunity to start a new revolution of the mind and I can only pray that it continues to grow in size. That all that I live in the coming year strengthens my conviction that humanity can come together and turn it around. And in unity we will build something beautiful.

My most sincere gratitude goes to the people who have made this year so grand most especially…

Those who visited, those who befriended me, those who wrote, those who read, those who brought change, those who contributed financially, those who schooled me, those who loved me, those who hosted me, those who held me, those who listened, those who counseled, those who explored the world with me, those who sent care packages, those who donated books and school supplies, those who fed me, those who encouraged me, those who were brave in moments of fear, those who called, those who laughed and those who danced.

I am so truly grateful for the many angels of mercy that have restored my faith and brought with your presence the hope of a new day.

1 comment: