Sunday, February 6, 2011

Vincygardners!

I believe that children are a universal breed. I believe that anywhere you go in this big, wide world, there is a lighthearted, eager energy that lives within each child. They are special and unique. As an adult, I am constantly in awe of children and the experience of childhood. I am now reporting that I have made a breakthrough discovery of a new type of child. This new breed is called a "Vincygardner" and can be defined as a child attending Kindergarten in St. Vincent, more specifically at the Layou Government School. A Vincygardner will make your heart melt while your brain thinks, "Lawda ha mercee, them pickme's es ah crazy!" (Lord have mercy, those children are crazy!) I really cannot describe the wonders that I see in these children so I am just going to share some pictures and a video. Enjoy!

Video: We watch a Phonics video that goes through the sounds each letter makes. The "W" section has a DJ and the Ws dance all over the place while the DJ goes crazy with the "W" sound. The little one in the green shirt is nicknamed "Sexy" because he is just so darn cute. Check the little girl in the back, I told you these kids can move! I can't figure out how to flip the video but it makes me laugh sideways!







These are the stoplight boys napping, typically the light stays green!



Only one word that can describe this picture: SWEETNESS



I am almost 100% certain that after looking so darn cute for this picture, she turned and boxed a little boy in the nose for stealing her rubber (eraser). Fierce, these girls are FIERCE!


Showing Miss Smith that they are "ready," well at least that they will pay attention for the next 60 seconds.



And he has a twin... does life get any better?!



Surely, there is no better thing in the world than being a carefree child. Except maybe being a carefree child with a big ice cream cone in one hand and a bright red balloon on a string in the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment