Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Next


When I look into the eyes of our children
I see a wide world of opportunity

Others may tell me that they are dotish* or lazy
but I refuse to tell myself that the future of mankind is anything short of sweet infinity

and that God, surely, does not place darkness in the heart of us all
but rather
gives us a birth of imperfect brilliance

So I look into their eyes and mutter to myself,

"Dear Universe,
Please tell. Does it happen like I hope? Where they each move forward in the world in a one step at a time kind of way, just basking in the glory of you. Sweet Destiny."

So I turn back to my class and say,

"Heaven, my children, it is knocking on our door. Who would like to go for it?"

And I believe
If we just told them how very important they truly are
God, yes God, would come knocking for us all.

Let us take precious care of our children.
For they are God's promise that heaven lies in the future of the next.


*dotish: dialect word meaning ignorant, foolish, stupid (or a combination of the three)*

1 comment:

  1. Hola: Soy educador y sigo con mucho interés la labor que Uds. como miembros de los Cuerpos de Paz desarrollan en muchos países del mundo.

    Hi, I have been visiting your blog. ¡Congratulations for your work! I invite you to visit my blog about literature, philosophy and films:
    http://alvarogomezcastro.over-blog.es

    Greetings from Santa Marta, Colombia

    ReplyDelete